Private Stock Acoustic #7173
Each year, the PRS Private Stock Acoustic team visits the Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcase in Woodstock, New York. "Woodstock" as it's affectionately referred to by attendees, is a showcase of the finest acoustic guitars built by the most talented luthiers in the country.
For the past 3 years, PRS has been a proud sponsor and exhibitor at Woodstock. About 50 builders and another 20 or so vendors all gather at the Bearsville Theater. The theater is open to the public, encouraging all to experience seminars on building and inlay, as well as acoustic performances by some of the best players in the business.
This year, PRS brought along three specially built instruments for display at Woodstock.
Private Stock Acoustic guitars are hand built (over 70+ hours) by a small team of 3 luthiers inside of Maryland factory. Those same luthiers travelled to Woodstock to meet with the public and display the instruments.
We present you:
- Neck wood: Ziricote
- Fingerboard wood: Ebony
- Top wood: European Bearclaw Spruce with ebony binding
and black/Koa/black purfling
- Back &side woods: Ziricote with ebony binding and black
/ Koa / black purfling
- Headstock Veneer: Ebony
- Neck Carve: Wide
- Side Dots: Mother of pearl
- Color / Stain: Natural
- Fingerboard inlays: Black lip mother of pearl 12th fret bird
with mother of pearl outline and Koa purfling
- Headstock veneer: Black lip mother of pearl Private Stock
eagle with mother of pearl outline and Koa purfling
- Rosette: Ziricote / Black lip mother of pearl / maple
- Finish type: Satin nitro
- Electronics- Fishman Matrix
- Hardware: Ebony bridge and pins, gold Gotoh tuning pegs with
ebonized buttons as well as a bone nut and saddle
- Case type: Black Paisley
- Specials: Natural high gloss nitro finish, black lip mother of pearl 12th fret bird and Private Stock eagle with mother of pearl outlines, mother of pearl side dots, ebony binding along the top and back edge, black/Koa/black purfling along the top, sides and back as well as Koa purfling along the fingerboard and headstock veneer.
This guitar was on display at the 2017 Woodstock Invitational Luthier’s Showcase.