Shanks 4K Fuzz
Collaboration with John Shanks.
The Shanks 4K was designed to recreate the 60’s Fuzz Face like overdrive boost. Equipped with two vintage germanium transistors. The range of the tone is very wide and has a enough head room to obtain a firm and bright clean tone to an edgy crunchy boost. When turning the FUZZ and the BASS to the highest level will get a thick Fuzz Face like distortion. The Fuzz Color trimmer allows to control the fuzz tone from spitty fuzz to a smooth overdrive fuzz.
4K simply stands for 4 knobs which are Volume, fuzz, Bass and Treble.
John Shanks Comment:
“Unlike the creamy distortion of an overdrive, we went for the Hendrix/Jimmy Page tone. The earthquake like distortion you get when you attack the strings, but when played sensitively, it gives off a nice clean tone with an edgy crunch. That is what we wanted to achieve.”
- Transistor: Germanium type (selected)
- Control Knobs: Level, Fuzz, Bass, Treble
- Control Trimmers: Fuzz Colour, Bias
- Switch: On/Off
- Power: 9V (Battery or Regulated AC/DC adapter (centre negative)
- Size: 70mm (W) x 112mm (D) x 51mm (H)
- Weight: 425g (No battery)