Seymour Duncan Jimi Hendrix Signature Loaded Pickguard - "Voodoo" Style
How Seymour Duncan helped craft Jimi's iconic guitar tone
On March 28, 1968, Seymour W. Duncan gave Jimi Hendrix a bag of early 1960s Strat pickups that he had rewound. Jimi's guitar tech, Roger Mayer, installed the custom-wound pickups in Jimi's famous white Stratocaster that very night. Jimi was so impressed with the pickups, he had Seymour carry the guitar up to the stage. That unforgettable night greatly inspired Seymour and set his future in motion. The accuracy of this Jimi Hendrix Signature Loaded Pickguard leaves no doubt as to Seymour Duncan's intimate insight into Jimi's tone. You don't have Jimi's fingers, of course, but this loaded pickguard gets you about as close as you can get to capturing his magical tone.
This preloaded pickguard only fits guitars with swimming pool or humbucker routing.
Seymour Duncan Jimi Hendrix Signature Loaded Pickguard Features:
- Preloaded 3-ply white pickguard with reverse-angle bridge pickup routing
- Custom-wound Strat pickups based on Seymour Duncan's original design
- Features 250K potentiometers, 5-way pickup selector switch, and 0.047 capacitors
- Bridge pickup's aggressive attack cuts through while staying true to Jimi's iconic lead tone
- Neck pickup is great for chords, bluesy licks, double-stops, and Jimi’s signature hybrid lead/rhythm style
- In-between positions yield plenty of classic Strat tone
- Magnets are staggered in reverse to mimic the effect of playing your guitar upside down
- White pickup covers showcase Jimi’s signature style
- Includes a commemorative booklet and stickers